This word is literally music to my ears. I love and I’m obsessed with shopping. Today I’m only going to talk about thrifting coz that’s what I’m good at.
“Chomba! Where do you buy your clothes? Where can I get such jeans? Chomba! Chomba! Chomba!
I swear I’ve heard this questions a million times or at least it feels like it. So here we go guys. The truth! I’m spilling all the tea today so get your note books ready ❤.
Where I shop?
When I tell you I shop anywhere and everywhere, I’m usually not kidding. But now lemme be more specific.
• Gikomba– If you don’t already know, this is thrifters motherland 😂. It has anything and everything you could ever dream of.
• Toi Market – Another pot of gold ❤
• The rest – This include: BS (bus station), Muthurwa, City stadium, Ngara and town in general. Basically, if I set my eye on something I like, I’m stopping for it I don’t care where it is 😂.
Tips and Tricks
- Know where to shop- This comes in real handy . Knowing the best thrifting areas for a specific item of clothing is a life saver. For instance, I’ll almost always get my jeans from gikomba since they have the best prices that have good quality. Toi is for tops. Knowing such specifis will help you save on time money and get a bunch if cool stuff.
- Early Shopping- Want to get the best things at the cheapest price? One word, 9 letters sacrifice. Ever heard of sacrificing for the greater good? Well, this is it. You need to wake up real early and get there by around 5.30-7 . That’s where the pot of gold lies. You’ll get all the goodies, the first bunch, you’ll also have the privilege of having many options. But I mostly do this when I’m going bulk shopping and my pockets are loaded.
- Patience is key- Good things take time, so does finding good clothes when it comes to thrifting. When you’re tired, take some time to catch your breath. Be on the look out for what other thrifters are holding up. While at it, be ready to jump and grab the minute your fellow thrifter deems it unworthy. This is how I found some of my best pieces of clothing. 😂😂😂